Location Independent lifestyle does not really have to difficult, but it may feel like it is a distant dream. But like Walt Disney famously said:
If you can dream it, you can do it.”
Here are ten small steps you can start your location independent lifestyle. Even a small step is step to right direction. These are in no particular order, start with the easiest but do finish the list.
- Do 30 minutes research on your dream location – check out visa and accommodation options, weather…
- Make a list of at least five things you want your dream life to be/have.
- Clean up one (or more) of your cupboards.
- Sell/donate what you found at previous steps that you no longer need. (my own rule was that if I had not used the item within a year I would never need it again – worked every time)
- Talk to someone who’s already done it or dreams of doing it – support is so important and valuable! (find me on social media and please do say hello – links top corner of this page)
- Sign up with one online freelancing market place – see the lists here.
- Check out balance of your savings account. If not enough -> make a savings plan and stick with it. If enough -> yay, book your flight ticket!
- Stop shopping for new things. Instead start giving out your clothes / books / all the things you don’t need on the road to your friends, family or sell on Ebay to save for your location independent lifestyle.
- Create vision board of your dream life – and Dream Big ! You can do this online or paper version, which ever you choose make sure you stick it somewhere where you can see it every day.
- Stop buying daily take-away coffee. This might be hard I know but those dollars are just draining away… For the price of one cup of coffee you could be eating full meal with a friend in your dream destination! Instant coffee may not be tastiest but boy it will feel worth it when you land in your first destination.
That is a just and step to the right direction. We all have to start somewhere and if location independent lifestyle is what you want, then there is no better time to start.
Let me know how its going and say hello any time.