Listed below you can find top 10 things headhunters look for in Online Freelancer profile. Generally speaking headhunters or clients spend seconds viewing a profile meaning you need to catch their attention immediately in order for them to read more about you and what you offer. When hiring team members for teams I follow these rules.
For a client headhunting is a must if they want to attract top talent, and you want to be found by each one of them. Being headhunted for an online freelancing job is like hitting gold mine! You have a client who is very interested in your offering, they have already invested money for headhunter meaning they mean business (to you!).
Many freelancing websites are filled with thousands and thousands of profiles and to be found you need to ensure your profile is top notch.
Top 10 Things Headhunters Want to See in Freelancer Profile
- Public profile (nobody can find private profile, also consider opening it to search engines as well)
- Professional photo (first impression are made in seconds)
- Your expertise and what you can offer to a client
- Sufficient career details
- Evidence of being a top performer (what clients have said about your work quality?)
- Straight to the point title
- Your minimum / project rate
- Your current / future availability
- Up to date portfolio with your absolutely top work
- Links to LinkedIn, Twitter or any profile they may get further information about you.
No matter if you are writing your profile or sending a proposal, always consider the reader and write it from their point of view.